For a show-stopping salad and healthy side for any meal or party, look no further! This recipe can be thrown together in no time and is even better if made a few hours ahead. Citrus brings out the flavors of these fruits, and the mint adds that fresh, green color pop and an extra zing, making this dish oh so delicious. Share some with us next time you make it 😉
Blueberry and Cantaloupe Salad
From: Columbia’s Cooking Cookbook
Yield: 4- 1 cup servings
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
Zest of one lemon
2 Tbsp. Honey
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
3 cups cantaloupe, diced
2 Tbsp. mint leaves, minced
1. Zest lemon into small bowl. Set aside.
2. Squeeze lemon juice into a small bowl. Add the honey, lemon zest and cinnamon. Whisk until blended.
3. Pick over blueberries, rinse, and drain.
4. Wash melon, and dice into small pieces about twice the size of the blueberries. Discard rind.
5. Combine blueberries and cantaloupe in large bowl. Toss in the lemon-honey mixture and stir to coat fruit.
Columbia’s Cooking Question
What’s your favorite fruit salad combination?
Scroll down to answer in the comments section below.