We’re planning our summer schedule and will post as soon as classes are finalized.
Please sign-up for our newsletter to receive the schedule when it’s posted!
We’ve received inquiries about summer camps and adult classes, we’re working on it! 🙂
Enjoy your summer vacation! Here’s a sample of what we offered in Spring 2016 for an idea of what you can be looking forward to…
Free 3 week cooking class series for USC students only
Presented by: Columbia’s Cooking, Campus Wellness and Healthy Carolina
In the course, we’ll teach you how to prepare healthy and delicious budget-friendly recipes in the Columbia’s Cooking kitchen classroom. Each week, you’ll practice new cooking skills and recipes that you can easily replicate at home. Over the three weeks, we’ll cover:
- Week 1: how to use a chef’s knife and make knife cuts (essential for any chef) and how to make healthy snacks
- Week 2: Prepare simple “daily desserts” and breakfasts
- Week 3: 30 minute budget friendly dinners
- Session 1: Friday, February 12th, February 19th, February 26th (Class is full!)
- Session 2: Friday, March 25th, April 1st, April 8th (1 spot available)
Time: 11 am – 12:30 pm
Location: the Discovery Building on campus, 915 Greene Street in the CC Kitchen (1st floor)
- Session 1: Sunday, February 7th at 11:59 pm
- Session 2: Sunday, March 20th at 11:59 pm
Expectation: Commit to coming to all 3 classes (and have fun!)
*Only 10 seats available per session. Don’t wait to sign up!
How to cancel registration: If you’ve signed up for the course, but can no longer attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before the registration deadline to ensure another can take your place.
On the fence? See what other students have to say…
“The banana ice-cream recipe was life-changing for me, I made it four nights in a row! I tried dates for the first time in class too, and I really liked them!”
– Kelsey Farrell, Nursing Student, age 21
“I made the oatmeal raisin cookies (from the CC recipe packet) and they were amazing! Learning how to make banana ice-cream — lifechanging. The ‘treats vs daily desserts’ tip really resonated with me. Now I have gotten treats out of my house, and I can eat whole food “daily desserts” every day instead.”
– Kate Olscamp, Grad Student, age 27
“I had never had leafy greens in my smoothie before.”
“I asked for less cheese and extra lettuce on my burrito bowls now.”
“I made the black bean and corn dip (from class) for my roommates, and they ate all of it so I had to make more, it was so good!”
– Hayley Hewat, Australian Exchange Student
“In class, I learned how little Americans actually eat fruits, veggies, beans and whole-grains. I ate a pear for the first time in my life in class and liked it.”
– Nate Wichmann, Sophomore, Biology Major