Interested in joining our ‘rockstar’ team?
Check out what’s available below OR, if you see a way your skills and passion can help Columbia’s Cooking flourish that isn’t below, contact us anyway. We’re always open to talking.
Cooking Class Volunteer
Interested in coming to our classes for free or gaining a valuable internship experience? Consider being a CC Class Volunteer. Volunteers should be health oriented, interested in learning CC’s evidence-based nutrition recommendations, and be comfortable cooking, cleaning, and prepping in the kitchen. Volunteer tasks will include:
- setting up work stations for class participants
- prep work (chopping, rinsing fruits and vegetables, preparing necessary equipment, etc.)
- greeting guests and assisting class participants throughout each session
- assisting in cleanup after the class.
This experience is highly valuable for someone interested in health education, nutrition, culinary education, and/or public health. This would be a great opportunity for students in the School of Public Health! Contact email@example.com if interested.
Social Media, Marketing and Business Intern
- Manage all social media accounts daily (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest)
- Responding to all posts, post every day and help share CC as the awesome organization it is to the rest of the world
- Have an understanding of our nutrition guidelines AND cooking skills so social media posts about recipes, boards on Pinterest reflect the knowledge and professionalism of CC staff (we’ll train you)
- Research events happening in Columbia and on USC campus where CC could participate- how, cost, etc. (health fairs, farmers market, campus wellness events, community partner possibilities, etc.)
- Assist in website development, improvement, and updates
- Create branding and marketing materials
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.