Enjoy the last days of this season’s peaches with this tasty Grilled Peach Salad. Fresh peaches in the dressing as well as grilled for a topping make this peach loaded dish a double win!
Yields: 4 Servings
1/4 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
3 green onions, sliced
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
3 tbsp. honey
1 tsp. lime zest
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
3/4 tsp. ground cumin
3/4 tsp. chili powder
1/3 balsamic vinegar
8 cups mixed greens, thoroughly washed
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Arrange nuts in a single layer in a shallow pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring after 5 minutes then remove from heat and set aside.
3. Peel and chop 1 peach. Cut remaining 4 peaches into rounds (1/4 in thick)*, cutting through stem and bottom ends. Discard pits.
4. Process chopped peach, green onions and the next six ingredients in a food processor for 10 to 15 seconds or until smooth. Add vinegar, and pulse 3 to 4 times or until thoroughly combined.
5. Preheat grill pan to medium high. Brush both sides of peach rounds with peach dressing.
6. Grill peach rounds for 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until grill marks appear.
7. Place greens in a bowl, top with peaches and nuts. Drizzle with remaining peach dressing.
*Note on the slicing into rounds: Do this just as you would slice a beefsteak tomato to put on a veggie burger, make sense? You want the rounds to look like that. When slicing the peach, remove the stem and pit as you go.
Columbia’s Cooking Question
Have you ever grilled a peach before?
Share your experience in the comments section below.